mp3 plugin for rhythmbox

umberto rossi umbertorossi_000 at fastwebnet.it
Sat Jan 28 10:53:33 UTC 2006

Il sab, 2006-01-28 alle 04:58, Peter Gordon ha scritto:
> On Fri, 2006-01-27 at 22:09 +0100, umberto rossi wrote:
>  Anyway, the Rythmbox can't
> > read mp3s...
>
> Does that work with the GStreamer 0.8 shipped with a stock Fedora
> install? Probably not...
>
> What you may want to do is install the appropriate package(s) from
> Livna's repository, as explained in the unofficial Fedora FAQ.[1]
>
> [1] http://www.fedorafaq.org/#mp3

Oh, thank you but I have already tried that, following the instructions
of the same page you refer to (after having installed the yum file they
provide), but no way, I have tried six or seven times, all I get are a
series of error messages. I don't know if that's a problem of websites
no more available or heavy Internet traffic, but it simply doesn't work.

And that's why I tried the Fluendo plugin.

ur