Procmail recipes

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jan 28 16:42:19 UTC 2006

On Saturday 28 Jan 2006 08:42, jdow wrote:

> A. Read the documentation in
>    /usr/share/doc/dovecot-*/UW-to-Dovecot-Migration. You will also
>    find scripts there to help you.
> ===8<---

I need some clarification, please.  In the section "Setting up Dovecot"
it talks about 'mail_spool_directory'.  I looked at the
dovecot.conf.orig, and found that it was only set in the pop3 section.
This migration document, though, seem to be saying that I need it.

At the moment I have only myself and one other user reading mail from
this system.  I want them to get their mail from ~/Maildir, so should
that be
mail_spool_directory=/home/%u/Maildir ?

The scripts are for converting folders and users, so not really relevant
in this case.  I was hoping for one to convert the procmail scripts,
but of course that's not dovecot's concern.

OTOH, /usr/share/doc/procmail* has README.Maildir where it says that
just appending a / to my folder names in the rc file is all that's
needed.  So I guess it is a configuration setting somewhere, which
leaves dovecot conf or main.cf.

Anne