Looking for a database

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 19:41:36 UTC 2006

On 1/29/06, David Cary Hart <Fedora at tqmcube.com> wrote:
> > Could someone please recommend a nice and well documented database
> > program for a person who has never used a database?
> >
> You haven't stated your goals. There are two parts.
>
> A. I find the simplest and fastest DB to be MySQL.
>
> B. There are only four or five PHP functions that you need to learn to create
> browser based queries. It is surprisingly simple. Do one and you have a
> template that you can use over and over again.

I only want a database for managing my own data, and I do not intend
to access it from Internet.

Meanwhile, I learned that Kexi also has the driver for postgresql.
Kexi seems quite fast, but the version on extras repositories is
rather old.

Postgresql still not working:

$ createdb mydb
createdb: could not connect to database postgres: FATAL:  role
"psmith" does not exist
[psmith at localhost Desktop]$

Any ideas?

Paul