FC4 - SERIOUS problem with GRUB. How can I solve this?

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Sun Jan 29 22:03:44 UTC 2006

> I am totally lost now! I realized (after taking a look
> into my BIOS) that my CD-ROM "is not installed"
> anymore... So, I cannot install Fedora or restore my
> Windows back.
> I would appreciate any help!
> Hoffmann

What makes you think that your CDROM is not installed. Destroying a
partition should not have an effect of the BIOS. I suspect it may need
to be activated but he BIOS can do that.

Then to recap, forget about restoring your Windows boot block.
Install fedora which will allow you to create the non Windows
partition and install fedora. A grub boot block will be installed and
entries in the grub.conf file will allow you to boot Windows.

However, if you want to just have Windows for now you can recreate the
Windows boot block by the methods suggested in the other postings.

Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University
telephone: (210)-999-7484