can an access point connect through an access point?

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Mon Jan 30 14:47:48 UTC 2006

On Mon January 30 2006 9:36 am, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I've found this thread very confusing.

Probably, because you didn't follow the whole thread ;-)

> Would it not be easier for the OP to use an ordinary WiFi card
> in his MS machine?
> What is the point of having a second AP?
>
> Nb I'm no expert on WiFi, as may be obvious.

As the OP, the issue I defined at the outset was that I had to dump a
Microsoft model USB NIC; I had available, an Access Point - hence, the
subject line "can an access point connect through an access point?" There was
no point to having a second AP - I was merely inquiring as to whether I could
use it.
Actually, though a bit confusing, the thread has served to clarify a number of
lingering questions for me regarding the architecture of the various devices,
so, even though the answer to my original question is "probably not", the
discussion has been useful.
--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA