Spamassassin emails have wrong perms

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Mon Jan 30 15:34:26 UTC 2006

On Sun, Jan 29, 2006 at 06:25:42PM -0600, Justin Willmert wrote:
> I am hoping somebody can help me solve a problem I am having with
> procmail and spamassassin (specifically spamd). When spamassassin has
> marked a message as spam, it gets sorted to a Junk folder, but the
> problem is that it is owned by root:mail when it should be owned by the
> user. When this happens, dovecot will not serve the email to the user. I
> sort other emails into folders with simple matching rules and those work
> fine. Spamassassin is the only rule that is piped out to a program.
This is sort of a side comment but using spamd with .procmailrc is not
the best approach in my opinion. I beleve the .procmailrc below
provides a better way to do this. The INCLUDERC line runs the
spamassassin program. Spamd should be turned off if you do this.

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/bin:/global/bin:/usr/ucb:/bin:/usr/local/bin:
SHELL=/bin/sh
MAILDIR =       $HOME/Mail      # You'd better make sure it exists
LOGFILE =       $MAILDIR/procmail.log
LOCKFILE=       $HOME/.lockmail

#:0c
#!  akonstam at sbcglobal.net

INCLUDERC=/etc/mail/spamassassin/spamassassin-default.rc

:0
*^Subject:.*\[SPAM\]
spamjunk

:0