Memory leak?

Nathan Grennan fedora-list at cygnusx-1.org
Tue Jan 31 02:15:59 UTC 2006

> First, my mistake, the kernel is 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4 not 2.4.16-1
>
> is slab debugging turned on in this kernel?  and if so how do I
> disable it without rebuilding the kernel?  can I write something to
> /proc/???
  No, 2.6.14-1.1656_FC4 should not have the problem. That is actually
the kernel the server that was having the problem is currently running.
The slab debugging is only on in test/developments kernels as far as I
know, and  2.6.14-1.1656_FC4 is a normal kernel. But your problem still
sounds a lot like mine. I suggest examining /proc/meminfo and
/proc/vmstat for clues. Also compare the results from a working kernel
and a problem kernel.