OT: Email signing

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Tue Jan 31 14:07:44 UTC 2006

There is a downside to email signatures.  My employer
requires me to use Microsoft Outlook to read mail through
an Exchange server.  I have not found a combination of
options to make Outlook process the signature correctly.
What I see in the preview window is a blank window with
one  attachements.  For people, like Alexander, whose posts
are always worth reading, I have to open the attachement
and get a window with 2 attachments.  One is the signature
and the other the text of the post.  The text then opens
in the text editor.

BTW.  I have tried to get Evolution talking to the Exchange
server, but there are some path paramters which the
contracted IT people will not give me since they are not
needed for Outlook and other email interfaces are "unsupported".
(Pain in the rear end).

Bob Styma