how to check which list of port is open on my pc

Scott R. Godin scott.g at mhg2.com
Thu Jul 6 09:05:12 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 11:28 +0530, yogesh at banasdairy.coop wrote:
> hoew to check the list of port open in my pc
>
> on linux pc

you can get a nice list of what ports are currently being used by
running processes with the following

  sudo netstat -ptuna
or
  sudo lsof -i

both preferably run via sudo so you can see the most information; when
run as a user, you don't get informed of everything.

see the manpages for netstat, lsof, and sudo for further details.

And, as others mentioned, you can use nmap from another computer, to see
which ports are open to the world and not firewalled