Cannot boot from SATA drive

Jay Cliburn jacliburn at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 7 02:50:14 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-07-06 at 21:32 -0500, Jay Cliburn wrote:

> I have a single IDE drive (hda) and, now, the single SATA drive (sda)
> installed in the system.  For the FC6T1 install, I copied the DVD iso
> image onto hda (at /tmp/fc6, to be precise) and installed using the
> linux askmethod/hard drive procedure.  Seemed to install fine.

Oh, I forgot to mention, my intention is not to have a dual boot system,
but instead just abandon FC5 on this system and boot to FC6 only.

Also one other detail...  At the time I installed FC6, the SATA drive
was not configured in BIOS to be the boot disk; the IDE disk was still
configured as the boot disk.  Could that have made a difference in
whether or not a master boot record was written?