SeLinux and mail relaying

redhatdude at bellsouth.net redhatdude at bellsouth.net
Sat Jul 8 16:54:57 UTC 2006

Well, I'm stuck here if there's no easy way to fix my problem. I
can't understand how daemons such as syslogd or crond are not allowed
to send emails through postfix. I'm only left with an option, disable
selinux, which sucks. I tried to read the documentation and it's a
lot to swallow. On top of that, FC5 has different locations for all
those files, different from what the selinux documentation says. For
example, I don't have a src directory inside /etc/selinux/targeted/
and there's no single file ending with .te in my system.
This is frustrating. Thanks for your help Dave
EJ

PS. The selinux list is completely dead, one email in 24 hours. So
much for getting help there.