Where can I find this firmware file?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sun Jul 9 17:28:20 UTC 2006

Patrick wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-08 at 23:44 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> [snip]

[...]

> Indeed. If you want to use ndiswrapper change this by commenting out the
> alias wlan0 bcm43xx line:
> # alias wlan0 bcm43xx
>
> And removing the comment from options ndiswrapper if_name=wlan0 line:
> ndiswrapper if_name=wlan0

And one final addition to modprobe.conf as it did not load ndiswrapper
on a reboot to 2145 (although ntfs did work now, which it didn't last
night, go figure :)

So my modprobe.conf now has:
options ndiswrapper if_name=wlan0
alias wlan0 ndiswrapper

I had to add the last line as it did not do an automatic 'modprobe
ndiswrapper'.  It did modprobe ok, and it then worked when I did a
network restart.  The added line fixed it, so I'm now running on 2145
and am a happy camper.  Thank you very much.

--
Cheers, Gene