Install without CDROM or Network Boot

Michael Harris harmic at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 23:20:45 UTC 2006

Hi,

Many thanks Ed, this did allow me to start the installation process.

Unfortunately that was not the end of my problems - although the USB
DVD drive was recognised OK, when it came to read from it, I got a
load of SCSI and USB errors from the kernel and the whole thing locked
up. Maybe this particular machine (with USB1 ports) does not like
having USB2 devices connected to it? The drive works fine on my other
PC, a late model HP with windows 2000.

I will now try a network install instead. Either that or chuck the
whole box & dice in the creek!

Thanks again for your help.

Regards // Mike