abiword with chinese

Leon sdl.web at gmail.com
Mon Jul 10 09:25:56 UTC 2006

"Yuandan Zhang" <yuandan.zhang at gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I try to use abiword with chinese, because it is much lighter than OpenOffice. However, I have
> difficutty to display chinese. my system is
>
> Linux 2.6.17-1.2145_FC5 #1 Sat Jul 1 13:03:45 EDT 2006 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux
> abiword-2.4.5-1.fc5
> I use gnome as my gdm
>
> if you have sucessfully made this  work, could you share the setup steps with me?
>
> regards,
>
> Yuandan

I used to use abiword but found out it's just too buggy and the
development seems slow. It crashes most of the time. And now I have
come back to openoffice to open .doc files.

Anyway, regarding the fonts, try renaming simsun.ttc to simsun.ttf and
abiword will recognize it. You may need to run "fc-cache -f".

--
Leon