How to get Luxi Mono in KDE konsole (FC5)

Konrad Karl kk_konrad at gmx.at
Thu Jul 13 14:13:55 UTC 2006

Hi Than and all others,

>Am Mittwoch, 12. Juli 2006 15:46 schrieb Konrad Karl:
>>
>> Unfortunately this "Monospace" does not look like Luxi Mono at all,
>> it is a completely different font w/o serifes, actually it is
>> Lucida Sans Typewriter (found by stepping thru all fonts in control
>> center, another annoyance that you just see "Monospace" and dont get
>> the real font name)

your suggestion was helpful. I took the whole /etc/fonts hierarchy
from my home machine (which updated to current w/o showing
the Monospace problem.

The question is, how the fresh FC5 install + update messed up
this file...

I will take a closer look which part of /etc/fonts messed thing up.

---------------

Since you seem to be expert for KDE :), another questions:

depending on bookmarks names the bookmarks menu may have an enormous width
in konqueror, it seems to be the sum of bookmark maximum text length
and the Add Bookmark shortcut (strlen("Ctrl-B")) plus some constant.

In addition, when you manage to have enough bookmarks in a bookmark folder
(just being lazy) it is possible that clicking on Bookmarks takes over the full
screen estate..... definitely not nice. If the topmost bookmarks folder has
too many entries just clicking and releasing the bookmarks button is enough
to fire up a random bookmark because the button itself is also being covered
by the bookmarks menu.

Is there an option to truncate the bookmark names to some reasonable value?

And, finally: how to turn off the web accelerator (Ctrl key) ?
it might be helpful for some people but is considered to be annoying
by me.

Greetings,

Konrad