PHP/MySQL question

Peter Arremann loony at loonybin.org
Sat Jul 15 02:45:41 UTC 2006

On Friday 14 July 2006 22:40, Daniel B Bicknell wrote:
<snip>
> Apache is already set up to run PHP, however PHP has not been set
> up to interact with MySQL.  After checking the PHP docs at www.php.net, I
> discovered that PHP needs to be recompiled with the '-with-mysql' option;
> additionally, the php.ini file needs to be altered to load php_mysql.dll.
<snip>

I think this is the main portion of your post. The docs on php.net are generic
documents and does not take into consideration how a distribution may package
php. (This is very very common in Linux).

For FC5, simply run yum install php-mysql. That will install all 3 mysql
interfaces - legacy mysql, current mysqli and object oriented pdo_mysql.

Btw, on linux it would be php_mysql.so . All linux shared libraries end
with .so - DLL is a windows problem ;)

Peter.