Change boot up screen resolution

tuvok tuvok.linux at email.it
Sat Jul 15 09:18:14 UTC 2006

Tod Merley ha scritto:

> On 7/15/06, *tuvok* <tuvok.linux at email.it
> <mailto:tuvok.linux at email.it>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>     after a driver upgrade when fedora start and show the boot up screen I
>     cannot see anything because the resolution is too hight (is not
>     supported by my monitor), how i can change the resolution? X11 work
>     perfect. tank you!
>
>     Tuvok.
>
>     --
>

> Hi Tuvok!
>
> 1. From your monitor documentation, determine especially the
> horizontal and vertical frequencies supported.
> 2. Using an FC5 CD or DVD boot into rescue mode.
> 3. Edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf for your monitor.
>
> Google is our friend!
>
> Tod
Tank's tod but this not the problem. X11 work fine: i can use gnome, can
see deasktop etc. The issue is only in the boot screen (when fedora
start in graphical mode and you cannot see the normal text message that
linux diplay...starting service etc....) I think the problem is not X11
configuration. Maybe i'm wrong but x11 is load after the last service
not before, but i'm not very expert :-)