Miissing Dependency: httpd-mmn = 20020903 during httpd 2.2 update on FC5

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Sat Jul 15 18:21:01 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 19:14 +0100, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 12:27 -0500, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> > Everyone,
> >
> > I have an FC5 unit that was an upgrade from a fresh install FC4. I
> > noticed that yum was not updating properly about 2 to 3 weeks ago giving
> > me the following error message:
> >
> > Error: Missing Dependency: httpd-mmn = 20020903 is needed by package
> > mod_perl
> >
> > Yum will update with yum -y update --exclude=httpd*
> >
> > I thought this might be a repository dependency problem but it has
> > persisted, and I have not seen other posts describing the problem.
> >
> > I have checked to make sure the httpd.conf file references 2.2 and it
> > does.  httpd runs without reporting errors, but yum will not upgrade
> > because of this.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
>
> Which versions of httpd and mod_perl do you have?
>
> My up to date FC5 box has:
>
> $ rpm -q httpd mod_perl
> httpd-2.2.2-1.0
> mod_perl-2.0.2-5.1
>
> This mod_perl requires httpd-mmn = 20051115, which is provided by this
> httpd.
>
> Paul.

Paul,

Thanks for your help.  Looks like I have a problem:

# rpm -q httpd mod_perl
httpd-2.2.0-5.1.2
mod_perl-2.0.1-1.fc4
mod_perl-2.0.2-5.1

When I upgraded from FC4 to FC5 I found two files that did not make the
upgrade:

/etc/httpd/modules/mod_ssl.so
/usr/lib/httpd/modules/mod_python.so

I replaced them both with the same filenames of a fresh install FC5 from
a different unit and httpd has worked.

How can I delete mod_perl-2.0.1-1.fc4 ?

Greg