Change boot up screen resolution

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jul 16 03:30:25 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 10:04 +0200, tuvok wrote:
> after a driver upgrade when fedora start and show the boot up screen I
> cannot see anything because the resolution is too hight (is not
> supported by my monitor), how i can change the resolution? X11 work
> perfect. tank you!

If you have multiple resolutions defined in X, you can use the CTRL,
ALT, and the number pad + and - keys to change resolutions on the fly
until you can see see the screen (these are only temporary changes).

It sounds like you may have configured the system X display mode with
more modes than your monitor can handle, but picked a screen resolution
(a per-user preference) that it can.  The user preferences take over
when you log in.  Perhaps you want to log in, then change the "display"
"system setting" (they're menu titles from Gnome, KDE should have
something similar).

Hmm, Tuvok...  Star Trek... Can I resist the urge?  No...  How many
fingers am I holding up?  ;-)

I read messages from the public lists.