spca5xx freezes system

Eric Tanguy eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Sun Jul 16 20:14:01 UTC 2006

Le samedi 15 juillet 2006 à 21:35 -0700, Lonni J Friedman a écrit :
> On 7/15/06, Ric Moore <wayward4now at gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2006-07-15 at 16:27 -0700, Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> > > You're lucky.  All I get are kernel panics when using my webcam with
> > > the spca5xx module in FC5.  The author seems completely uninsterested
> > > in investigating since it "works for him".
> >
> > God Lonnie, you're slipping! You let him get away with that?? I cannot imagine. Ric
>
> He's in France, I'm not.  I can't force him to fix his bugs, and quite
> honestly, I think he's not capable of debugging it.

I think you don't have to say this without any proof. There is some
drivers which have problems to support fedora mainly due to kernel
versioning (see for example
http://rt2x00.serialmonkey.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1618 ).
I don't say this is the problem with spca5xx driver i only say it is not
so simple as you said ...