General Help!!

Dan Track dan.track at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 15:18:49 UTC 2006

Hi

I've got a basic question which isn't uniquely related to fedora, but
I hope someone can help me understand it.

I've just started playing with Apache, and I've created some aliases
and virtualhost entries. For all the entries I had in the first line
*:80, however on one entry I had the servers IP address
192.168.11.2:80. When I restarted Apache and typed in the URL for each
entry I had all of them failed except the virtualhost with the IP
configured. However, when I changed the virtualhost with the IP and
replaced it with *:80, every other virtualhost suddenly became
reachable.

Could some one please help me understand why putting the IP in
overrides all the other entries?

Thanks in advance
Dan