DejaVu fonts for Fedora Core 6 feedback call

Steven Stern subscribed-lists at sterndata.com
Tue Jul 18 12:43:01 UTC 2006

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Dear Fedora user,
>
> A new font family is being proposed as the Fedora Core default. It
> probably impacts your language. Please tell us what you think about it:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fonts/DejavuFeedbackCall
>
> Happy testing!

A couple of first impressions:

I like the dot in the zero, but it looks odd in that it's not centered.
I had some other fonts with a centered zero that, to my eye, looked
better.  Also, as I type the word "monospace", the "m" touches the "o".

On the sans serif font, the bold is a bit too "fat" in comparison to the
regular type.

--

  Steve