Fetchmail Complaining

Lovell Mcilwain lovell.mcilwain at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 03:46:33 UTC 2006

  **
Hello all,

Fetchmail on my machine is complaining that it can't read my .procmailrc
file in my home directory that is used for mail filtering.

What I am getting in my fetchmail log is:
procmail: Suspicious rcfile "/home/lmcilwain/.procmailrc"
procmail: Couldn't read "/home/lmcilwain/.procmailrc"

Nothing has changed with this file in months and all of a sudden it just
stopped working.
Here are the permissions on my .procmailrc file:

-rw-r--r-- 1 lmcilwai lmcilwai 1484 18 Jul 23:34 .procmailrc

Can anyone tell me if they have had this problem and what things I can
do try and fix?