FC5 doesn't start up right.

Poohba poohba at blkpoohba.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 19 12:28:25 UTC 2006

1. No.  I have not EVER been able to boot straight into FC5's X.  I
always have to boot into level 3 then run gdm once I log in as root (is
there a way to do this with a script until I can get the problem fixed?)

2. Motherboard:
        Base Board Information
        Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer INC.
        Product Name: A7V400-MX
        Version: 1.03
        Serial Number: 123456789000

dmidecode gave me that info.  I tried running the "Hardware" tool but
many of my gnome apps don't work.

3. I did an upgrade from FC3 to FC5.  FC3 was having problems (with
yum/python)  There seems to be different versions of different parts of
python on my system so it doesn't always work right and I thought that
would be fixed by upgrading.  I upgraded and ran yum and then the
problems started.  (Even after the upgrade I couldn't boot right into
FC5, had network problems and all... wireless only)