Playing MIDIs?

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Wed Jul 19 18:19:03 UTC 2006

    Here's a flurry of questions related to sound.  Hopefully someone
can help me figure it out.  I have an FC5 machine with an SB Live! in
it  'lspci' lists it as "Creative Labs SB Live! EMU10k1 (rev 07)".  So
far so good.  Sounds within KDE, I hear.  I can also play MP3s with no
problem.  However, MIDI files produce no sound.  I tried switching the
MIDI setup within KMid to no avail.  So now I'm trying to figure out
KMix to see if it's a volume issue but there are so many different
sliders on separate tabs within KMix that I don't even know which I need
to be concerned about.  Can anyone shed some light on this?