[OT] TOP-POSTING

Guillermo Garron guillermo.fedora at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 23:26:02 UTC 2006

> with all due respect, you're full of it.  it's well-established
> history that, when someone top posts, they're normally reminded quite
> politely that that's kind of frowned upon and would they please not do
> that.  most of the time, the reaction is, "oh, i'm sorry, i won't do
> it again," at which point life goes on and we all get back to work,
> fine-tuning our plans for world domination.
>
> occasionally (and sadly), one encounters a complete butthead whose
> attitude is, "yeah, well i *like* top-posting and that's how i'm gonna
> do it and the rest of you can just live with it, so there!!"  *those*
> are the people who get roasted, so you can drop that sanctimonious
> attitude of yours, norm.

I think you are right here, for me i am used to Top Post, so i can easily
read a TOP POSTED email thread, or the other way. But here i repeat i agree
with you, if the fashion way is not to TOP POST and the most of readers like
that way and "you/me/he/she" become a member of this GREAT club of people
who likes to help each others, the least one can do is to follow the
guidelines of the "club".
That is democracy and it is the best way of living (even in the ciberspace)
:) ...
If one think sometime could be good to TOP POST i think could be ok. in some
special times.
For instance, once a problem is solved the original poster could maybe reply
(TOP POSTING) with a "Thanks all of you people for helping me" :).
But maybe all the other times it is not difficult to follow the guidelines.
Me myself uses Thunderbird under LInux and it is by default configured to
reply at the bottom I had to reconfigure it to TOP POST in order to follow
the guidelines of all the people i work with, who are used to OUTLOOK :)
But it is not difficult to change my behaivor here in the list just to have
everybody happy and willing to help me with my problems (For free in their
precious time!!!)

p.s.  and did i mention that you should trim your quotes, too?  :-)

Yes this is really important, other way the mail keep growing and growing
till the infinite!
:)

Guillermo.