Weird, boot CPU (#0) not listed by the BIOS

James Wilkinson fedora at aprilcottage.co.uk
Thu Jul 20 07:32:50 UTC 2006

Gaspar Bakos wrote:
> First, is there a reason why is the reported architecture being i386
> instead of x64_86?

Sounds like you've got the i386 CDs, not the x86-64 ones.

Now for the bad news -- FC5 doesn't *have* a uniprocessor x86-64 kernel.
So if the same problem occurs on x86-64, you've got problems.

You might want to download the x86-64 rescue CD and see if that boots.

Hope this helps,

James.

--
New address: james  | "I blame the teachers, and I blame the politicians
@aprilcottage.co.uk | for picking the teachers, and I blame the parents