core 5 php mysql

Ankush Grover ankush174 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 20 16:37:10 UTC 2006

On 7/20/06, Derek Hopkins <derek.hopkins at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> Hi List
>
>        Where can I find the right values to put in this piece of PHP code to
> link to MySQL.  At the moment if Can't Connect
>
> <?
> $db_host = "localhost";
> $db_user = "mysql";
> $db_pass = "*****";
> $db_name = "scan2";
>
> $conn = mysql_connect($db_host,$db_user,$db_pass);
> if (!$conn) {
>  echo "Could not connect to MySQL server!";
>  exit;
> }
>
> I have hid the real value of the PW I think it is   Where can I find the
> values for each field on my system please.

hey,

I don't know whether you have created the database "scan_2" or not. If
you haven't then do this

at the command prompt or terminal type "mysql" it will take you to the
mysql prompt.

execute this command    at the mysql prompt
create database scan_2;  (don't forget the semi colon at the end of the scan_2)

the database is now created.

By default there is no password for root ( root is the superuser or
administrator in mysql)

You can set the password for the root
set password for root at localhost=password('yourpassword');

replace "yourpassword" with the password you want to give to the root user.

change the values in your configuration file

 $db_host = "localhost";
 $db_user = "root"
 $db_pass = "yourpassword"
 $db_name = "scan2";

You can download the mysql-query-browser to work on mysql database

or

http://www.phpmyadmin.net/

These are GUI through which you can work on mysql database.

For more information on mysql go to mysql site

www.mysql.com

Regards

Ankush Grover
http://dev.mysql.com/get/Downloads/MySQLAdministrationSuite/mysql-query-browser-1.1.18-1.i386.rpm/from/pick