[Fedora] Re: Lexmark Z33 Printer

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sun Jul 23 01:46:58 UTC 2006

On 7/22/06, Ashley M. Kirchner <ashley at pcraft.com> wrote:

> Okay, so I grabbed the foomatic kit for this printer and got it working
> ... kinda.  I can print some things but it's erratic at best.  I'm able
> to print out of OpenOffice Writer with some success, but usually it just
> sits there and does nothing.  When I look at the job queue though CUPS,
> it says the
> jobs's there, but nothing's happening - in fact I let it just sit there
> over night and nothing happened.

I have a Lexmark Z51 which also *kinda* works under linux (B&W is
fine; color dodgy). I've also had problems with the dead printer jobs.
My solution was to delete all printer profiles and start from scratch,
using CUPS to install a fresh printer profile, not the gnome print
manager.

HTH

--
  Colin Brace