MSI K8NGM2 and FC 5

Keith Clay clayk at acu.edu
Mon Jul 24 13:36:07 UTC 2006

Folks,

I am trying to install FC 5 on the MSI k8NGM2 mb.  I am running bios
version 2.95 of AMI.  I have the video in CMOS turned to onboard but it
never finds the video card -- it keeps detecting the PCI-X slot even
though no card is in there and I get no video.  I've tried text install
and it gets a BSOD -- which is funny.  I've tried 'linux noprobe' but it
still probes for the video card and doesn't find it.

Any help would be appreciate.  I am going to temp install windows and
update the bios to the current version.

thanks,

keith