alsa busy

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 00:05:29 UTC 2006

on 07/24/2006 07:55 AM Ric Moore wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 15:41 +0930, Tim wrote:
>> On Sun, 2006-07-23 at 09:52 -0400, Ric Moore wrote:
>>> Mplayer works playing the Dvd, but there is no menu option that I can
>>> find, which means watching a half hour of trailers. heheehehe... this
>>> is sure strange. Anyone seen this behavior?
>> Mplayer doesn't let you play DVDs like a DVD player.  There's a
>> right-click pop-up track/chapter menu based on disc structure that you
>> can randomly plod through.
>>
>> If you want to play DVDs in the manner that most people expect, try VLC
>> or Xine.  Both are gettable from Livna, I think.
> Right, and those are the ones that keep having the audio problem. It is
> Totem and Kaffeine that are blowing up. I only mentioned mplayer as it

what about creating a custom ~/.asoundrc file with dmix plugin enabled
and specifying the proper name if the alsa device in the config filesof
corresponding video/audio player? This is at least what I got, and I
never had any problems with "busy" devices...

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./