modprobe error

Tod Merley todbot88 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 08:06:36 UTC 2006

On 7/25/06, Johannes Christian <johannes.sitorus at pacomnet.com> wrote:

>   Dear list,
>

> I am trying to install oracle 9i release 2 in redhat 9.0. But now I am
> having problem installing the oracle.
>
> When I execute the binary files, error message shop up in system logs.
>

> modprobe: Can't locate module binfmt-464c
>

> is there anyone face this problem too?
>
> Any help would be very appreciated. Thx
>

> --
>
> Regards,
>
> Johannes Sitorus
> PT Pacific Communication Networks
> Wisma Indovision lt.12
> Jl. Raya Panjang Z/III 11520
> Tel.  021-5830-2430
> Fax. 021-5830-2431
>

> --

Hi Johannes Sitorus,

I am probably a bit of a lightweight for this type of problem and have no
real oracle experiance.  What I am doing (and I have very little time to
give this tonight - work tomorrow and all that) is Googleing your error
message.  I have started with:

module binfmt-464c

as the search which yeilded a lot of "error message" forum hits.  The first
one I have tried actually looks like a possibly good hit:

espicially if you follow it's followup:

Probably in this case, Google is indeed our friend!

Good Hunting!

Tod