OT: FOSS Brutal Honesty

David G. Miller dave at davenjudy.org
Sat Jul 29 16:35:25 UTC 2006

I've been in the software development business for over twenty-five
years.    Throughout that time I have been asked on innumerable
occasions when something would be done.  Frequently, I did not know the
answer but, "I don't know," was never acceptable regardless of how
truthful it was.

With that introduction, I visited the project schedule
(http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Core/Schedule) on the Fedora Project web
site to see when FC6T2 would be out.  What I saw was (sorry about the
ASCII table):

Day             Month           Event

14              June            FC6 Test1 Development Freeze

21              June            FC6 Test1 Release

19              July            FC6 Test2 Development Freeze, feature
freeze --
                                currently in day to day slip. no sooner
than 27 July

REPLY HAZY      ASK AGAIN LATER FC6 Test2 Release

23              August          FC6 Test3 Development Freeze

I would like to buy a beer (or their drink of choice) to whoever had the
guts to answer this truthfully and put this up.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce