problem with intel wireless

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Thu Jun 1 14:32:14 UTC 2006

Adel ESSAFI wrote:
> dear all
> I have installed the driver for intel ipw2200bg
> [root at laptotAdel ~]# rpm -qa | grep ipw
> ipw2200-firmware-3.0-8.at
> ipw2200-kmdl-2.6.16-1.2111_FC4-1.1.2-42.rhfc4.at
>

> When I try to active the device, the system tells me that the ipw2200
> driver is not installed and it will not activate the device?
> can you help plz

One thing you can try is to run, as root, "depmod -a", and then try
again. The post install script for the ipw2200-kmdl RPM should run
it, but it is possible that it does not. It is also run at boot
time, witch is why a reboot also tends to fix this kind of problem,
even though a reboot is not necessary.

Mikkel