Changing host

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 4 05:21:08 UTC 2006

On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 19:04 -0700, under.actuate at gmail.com wrote:
> computer_name:
>
> Is there any way to get this back to being localhost.localdomain?

man hostname

>  Also, how do I get to the GUI from the console?

Other's have mentioned startx, but you've already indicated that X has
started, since you talked about it going to the GUI login.  Perhaps you
need to use the CTRL + ALT + F1 through to F7 hotkeys for switching
between consoles?  Generally, F1 through to F6 give you six different
text consoles, and X is running on the seventh console (F7).

I read messages from the public lists.