/dev/VolGroup00: Permission denied

Paul Smith phhs80 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 17:02:21 UTC 2006

Dear All

Whenever I start k3b, I get the following message:

find: /dev/VolGroup00: Permission denied

Furthermore, cdrecord

Cdrecord-Clone 2.01.01a03-dvd (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C)
1995-2005 Jörg Schilling
NOTE: This version contains the OSS DVD extensions for cdrtools and thus may
      have bugs related to DVD issues that are not present in the original
      cdrtools. Please send bug reports or support requests to
      http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla The original cdrtools author should
      not be bothered with problems in this version.
TOC Type: 1 = CD-ROM
cdrecord: Resource temporarily unavailable. Cannot get mmap for
4198400 Bytes on /dev/zero.

Can one repair that?

Thanks in advance,

Paul