Normal linux in Mac 86

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Mon Jun 5 12:55:33 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-04 at 14:26 -0400, Steven Pasternak wrote:
> Hi! I'm thinking about getting a new mac with an intel chip, but I want
> to know if it is possible to get Fedora 5 to work on it. Does it use any
> special/weird hardware with no free driver or is it just like any other
> computer? Thanks!
> -Steven

It allegedly installs just fine with bootcamp.

I've seen it running inside OS X in something called Parallels.

I believe there is a patched knoppix that will boot EFI x86 macs, I
don't know beyond that.

IMHO you should only buy a Mac if you want to run OS X - as you can save
money buy/build a kicking amd 64 box for less.

If you want OS X - then use bootcamp. If you don't want OS X - then
don't buy a mac.