FC5 & OpenOffice.org

Peter Hillier-Brook phb at hbsys.plus.com
Mon Jun 5 19:14:24 UTC 2006

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Peter Hillier-Brook <phb <at> hbsys.plus.com> writes:
>> a common interface, not Fedora's idea of a new wheel (particularly the
>> File menu and its missing Address Data Source wizard)
>
> This shows up in the FC5 openoffice.org-writer-2.0.2-5.12.2 under File/Wizards.

Thanks for that information. I'll accept that they've restored it, but
my criticism stands: why was it changed in the first place? It's
hypothetical now, as I've removed the offending package(s) and I'm
trying to install the real thing, not with any ease. rpm apparently
won't accept wildcards for an install, and yum bombs out after
complaining that one of the packages isn't signed!

Having used 'alien' to convert the rpms to debs, and having installed
the resulting packages on Debian sarge with absolutely no trouble, you
will understand my frustration:-) If I was able to get Debian to work
with my ATI Radeon X700 card, the solution would be obvious.

Peter HB