dns question

listserv.traffic at sloop.net listserv.traffic at sloop.net
Tue Jun 6 03:53:51 UTC 2006

Guess here, but I suspect you've got it configured as a recursive DNS
server, and it's acting as a full DNS server. (As opposed to a stub
resolver which isn't able to make recursive queries.)

In short, it asks the root name servers for information and down the
line, till it gets the actual host information you were asking for,
and then returns it to the requesting client or app.

Cheers,
Greg