Missing dependencies for latest upgrades

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Tue Jun 6 10:38:16 UTC 2006

William Case wrote:
> Hi;
>
> Just tried to install last night's upgrades for FC5 and got the
> following message:
>
> Missing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 is needed by package gnome-panel
> Missing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 is needed by package
> evolution-webcal
> Missing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 is needed by package evolution
> Missing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 is needed by package
> evolution-connector
> Missing Dependency: libedata-cal-1.2.so.1 is needed by package
> evolution-connector
> Missing Dependency: libecal-1.2.so.3 is needed by package
> evolution-sharp
>
> I've looked for libecal using yum and rpm -qa with no response.
>
> I haven't seen any comments about this on the list.
>
> Is this a packaging problem?  or,
> Is this my problem?  If so, how do I fix it?

Then you haven't looked very hard....  :-)

Forget about updating the evolution-data-server for the time being.

Just do...

yum --exclude=evolution-data-server* update

no fuss...no muss....  and wait till someone upstream fixes the
evolution-data-server stuff....

--
"Don't talk to me about disclaimers!  I invented disclaimers!"
-- The Censored Hacker