kde in extras - the devel discussion

anthony baldwin anthonybaldwin06 at comcast.net
Wed Jun 7 17:44:06 UTC 2006

Timothy Murphy wrote:

>Suppose KDE did go into extras.
>How exactly is someone who wants Fedora + KDE meant to proceed?
>Is the suggestion that you install Gnome,
>and then when the system is working add KDE?
>
>I know it is claimed the idea is to improve KDE,
>but I can't help suspecting it is part of the plot
>to get people to use Gnome instead.

really...
I know someone already said this,
but when I installed FC5 I unchecked gnome, wanting to install only KDE.
but, nope...Gnome was yet installed.
Why so?
What if I only want KDE (and, of course, whatever necessary gome libs to run
the few gnome apps I do use).

tony

--
Anthony Baldwin
Translator / Court Qualified Interpreter / Certified English Teacher

http://www.baldwinlinguas.com
English, Français, Español & Português
860-399-7118 / 860-235-8233