FC2 or Centos 4?

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Fri Jun 9 15:04:03 UTC 2006

On Fri, 9 Jun 2006 13:24:32 +0000 (UTC), Kevin Kofler
<kevin.kofler at chello.at> opined:
> David Cary Hart <Fedora <at> TQMcube.com> writes:
> > I am changing to a virtual dedicated web host. My choices are FC2
> > or Centos 4. Anyone have any strong opinions either way?
>
> I'd go with Centos 4. Fedora only really works well if you're
> staying up to date, if they're offering you FC2 _now_, they
> definitely aren't. And Centos 4 is actually more up to date than
> FC2 (it's about FC3-level in package versions).
>
>         Kevin Kofler

Thanks. That makes sense. What they are saying is "The holdup has
been lack of NPTL support in UML kernels preventing FC4 from running."

I thought that issue was resolved in newer UML kernels. Indeed the
current release is for FC5.
--
Do NOT Send Email to <spam trap> Fedora at TQMcube,com
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com