yum downgrade?

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Fri Jun 9 18:53:00 UTC 2006

On 09/06/06, Knute Johnson <knute at frazmtn.com> wrote:
> There was a recent update to dovecot that caused it to not work.  I
> used yum and deleted the new one and installed the older version.  It
> works fine now.  My question is what will yum automatically update
> dovecot the next time it is run?  Do I need to set something to
> prevent that from happening?  How do I know that there is a fix
> version available if I've disabled updating for dovecot?

There have been several reports that dovecot doesn't work because the
update configuration file is different, but is installed as
/etc/dovecot.conf.rpmnew. If you backup /etc/dovecot.conf to a
different name, rename /etc/dovecot.conf.rpmnew to /etc/dovecot.conf
and re-enter your config details into the new config file, you may
well find the updated dovecot works for you. And if not, then it's
bugzilla time :)

J.