FC5. X won't start with Rage128's r128 driver

nigel henry cave.dnb at tiscali.fr
Sat Jun 10 20:39:16 UTC 2006

Where should I report this problem? Its been on the Fedoraforum for nearly 2
weeks, and  the Fedora mailing list since Wed this week, with no replies.

X starts on FC5 if I use the vesa driver, and the graphics are ok for most
things, except playing DVD's.

Is FC5 waiting for some update to get  the r128 driver working, much as was my
FC4 install, which on the other machine has a cyberblade i1 card, and trident
driver. Here after terrible problems even with the install I had to change
the trident driver for the vesa one. But after doing all the updates for the
new install, I was able to change the driver back to the trident one.

I would appreciate some sort of reply, even if it's a sarcastic one.

I do support Fedora, and run, even though they're getting a bit old, FC2 on
both machines for daily use.

Nigel.

Distro's: FC1,2,3,4, and 5. Debian Sarge, Debian Sarge/Etch, Slackware 10.0,
Gentoo.