Bootup problem after installing Fedora Core_5 2006

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 11 08:59:22 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-06-11 at 11:07 +1000, Claude Yu wrote:
> However, system rebooted gave a strange behavior I don't know how to
> deal with it is it always asked for entering :
>
> Localhost login:
> password:
>
> If not provided,  the system always be hanging in there..

Well, if you installed an X server, you can log in and type the startx
command.  If that works, you know that you'll be able to change your
inittab to always boot up in run level 5 (where X is run automatically).
If not, you'll have to install or get X working first.

The /etc/inittab file has a line with id:3:initdefault near the start,
the number is the default initial run level.  Once you'd got X running,
you'd change that 3 to a 5.  You need to be the root user to edit that
file.

I read messages from the public lists.