podcastimg

Kenny Gow kgfedora at swbell.net
Sun Jun 11 20:37:49 UTC 2006

Globe Trotter wrote:
> sorry, i am very clueless here, but how does one watch a podcast? Lets say for
> example, i want to watch/listen to the podcast on:
>
> http://www.npr.org/rss/podcast/podcast_detail.php?siteId=5183216
>
> what do i do?

rhythmbox seems to work with a few quirks.

On that webpage above, there is an orange box that says POD. Next to
that is a URL. Copy that URL. Open rhythmbox and select New Podcast
Feed. Paste the URL in there and click Add.

Then click on Podcasts in the Left Pane and you should see all your
feeds. From there you can right-click on Feeds and/or individual
episodes and download them. Automatic downloading seems a bit flaky so
sometimes I have to force a download but it eventually works.

This assumes you've already set up rhythmbox to play mp3 files.

--Kenny