FC5 Sound Problems - yes, I did search!

Keith G. Robertson-Turner fedora-gmane.00002 at genesis-x.nildram.co.uk
Wed Jun 14 23:34:09 UTC 2006

nigel henry wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 June 2006 19:42, Jeremy Thompson wrote:

>> Got FC5 up and running, no sound out of my speakers however.  I
>> have checked all the sound configs I could find and nothing is
>> muted.

May not be relevant but ...

I couldn't get sound going on this system (Intel Azalea) and tore my
hair out over it for a long time. Then one day, out of desperation, I
plugged the headphone jack into the microphone socket.

Yes, that's right.

Alsa had mapped the main bus to the wrong port.

Worth a try, but then I guess that's probably one of the first things
you did - right?

> To check if Alsa is running  (su to root on the CLI to run these)
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound stop
> then
> /etc/rc.d/init.d/alsasound start

Or:

]# service alsasound status

Even :)

--
K.
http://slated.org - Slated, Rated & Blogged

Fedora Core release 5 (Bordeaux) on sky, running kernel 2.6.16-1.2122_FC5
  00:32:26 up 7 days,  6:05,  2 users,  load average: 0.02, 0.02, 0.00