mailto: leads to Evolution - how to change to KMail?

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 02:13:11 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 00:54 +0930, Tim wrote:
> Claude Jones:
> >> I'm using FC5 and Firefox and my desktop is KDE: my preferred mail client is
> >> KMail. When I click on a mailto: link in Firefox it opens Evolution. I
> >> searched on "mailto:" in "about:config" in Firefox, but the settings that
> >> came up were non-intuitive, and none indicated a client to use.

Just goto the little email icon on the KDE toolbar, and right click it,
select configure email button then application and change the
application to /usr/bin/kmail. That will give you what you want right
where you can get to it easily.

To open kmail as the default mailer just goto control center, click on
KDE components, component chooser, select email and browser setups,
chose what you want: kmail / firefox and I believe that'll fire you up.
At least I hope that works! Ric