GoogleEarth for Linux has been released

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jun 15 12:42:07 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 20:28 +0100, Chris Jones wrote:
> Unfortunately some video cards have terrible linux drivers compared to
> their windows versions.

Speaking of such things, I've a couple of older computers with S3 Savage
4 and i810 chipsets.  The man page for the Savage one proclaims that
acceleration is enabled by default, but I see no evidence of it.  Nor
that manually specifying it be enabled, enables it.  Likewise, the i810
man page proclaims it's supported in 16-bit colour mode, but again I see
no evidence of it.

I know neither of them are fantastic chipsets, and luckily I'm not into
gaming, but at least some 3d acceleration would be appreciated.
Unfortunately, the i810 chipset ones are on-board systems, with no AGP
slot.  I just can't bothered with the expense of major hardware
upgrades.

I read messages from the public lists.