grandkids strike again

Steffen Kluge kluge at fujitsu.com.au
Fri Jun 16 03:39:44 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 22:33 -0500, Gene Heskett wrote:
> One of my grandchildren just sent me a .wmv file.
>
> Do we have a plugin for mplayer to handle that?

Unfortunately, wmv is a container format that can contain a variety of
video content, using a lot of different codecs. Hence, there is no sure
way to say whether or not you can play it.

Just follow the mplayer instructions on Stan Finley's FC5 page, they'll
take you as far as it gets.

Cheers
Steffen.